A new post-study work visa for international students opened by the UK government will certainly help the Indians and other nationals who wish to apply for the university course.
The graduates route visa applications are now open , and it specifically benefit the Indian students who opt for degree course. This visa also helps the students to look for work at least two years .
Last year more than 56,000 Indian students got student visa . This trend clearly showed a 13% hike over the previous year, it is clear that this move will benefit India as it will enable the Indian authorities to continue to work with the various academic Institutions in UK,
The applicant who gets this visa need not show a job offer to apply because they can use a two- year period to stay and look for a job. The students have the flexibility to choose as required . This trend enables UK to continue to have talented young people who have vision to excel in their goal thereby contributing to UK’s prosperity.
The recent pandemic situation has affected many students because lot of them are qualified to enter in UK, but unable to travel due to this issue. However, according to a recent update applicants who got enrollment in various institutions for studying in 2020 or after the start of 2021 need to be in UK by 2022.
Graduate route details which a student needs to be aware of :
• The Graduate Route is for international students . This is for those who has successfully completed a degree at undergraduate level or above at a Higher Education.
• The new route is effective from 1 July 2021. Any eligible student who graduates after this date will be able to apply for the route. This includes students who have already started their courses.
• The Graduate Route needs a new visa application.
• The payment of a visa fee is £700 and the Immigration Health Surcharge at the full rate of £624 per year.
• Students will require the Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) in order to apply for the Graduate Route.
• Students who started a course of 12 months or less in 2020 or 2021, and has an existing permission to study will be able to make an application.